What is chronic pain?
- Pain that does not go away as expected after an illness or injury.
- Pain that may be described as shooting, burning, aching, or electrical.
- Discomfort, soreness, tightness, or stiffness.
Do you suffer from chronic pain?
If you’ve had a pesky pain that just won’t go away for longer than 12 weeks, chances are you’re a chronic sufferer. Don’t worry, you are not alone.
Statistics from 2011 show that over 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain at a cost of around $600 billion a year in medical treatments and lost productivity.
That’s a lot of Benjamins.
How to beat chronic pain without medications?
The Cleveland Clinic offer 9 helpful ways to tame chronic pain without medications and medical procedures
- Take deep breaths
- Get a good nights sleep
- Exercise regularly
- Tackle your tobacco habit
- Practice “mindful meditation”
- Eat a whole-food, plant-based diet
- Try yoga
- Indulge in your hobbies
- Be social
Check out the following info-graphic below for all the juicy details.
You can also download the full-size PDF file by simply clicking on the image.
There you have it.
Good luck, and stay healthy!